Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

My Sewing Machine



There is one question that I get asked quite often when I post a tutorial: “Do you use an industrial sewing machine?”. And today I’d like to answer this question: No, I don’t. I use my very simple domestic sewing machine – Bernina Bernette E55, which I’ve been using for the last 3,5 year. It’s a very basic sewing machine with 13 stitches (though I have never used half of them) and probably the cheapest Bernina in the market. 

The reason I’m posting this is that people sometimes think that their sewing machines won’t handle the task (like won’t sew stretch fabrics or faux leather), but the thing is that nowadays there are a lot of domestic machines that can handle difficult tasks and yet don't come with a huge price tag. So, here you go – if my sewing machine can handle my bag making - yours probably can too :)

Have a nice weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. You’re right; there are a number of inexpensive sewing machines in the market that can handle difficult tasks, including sewing stretch fabrics or faux leather. You can create beautiful bags from these ordinary sewing machines. I believe that the successful creation of a bag will not only depend on the brand of the sewing machine used, but also on the creativity of the sewer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're right!
      When it comes to sewing, I believe that the most gorgeous creations are made not with some expensive sewing machine, but by hand - hands of an artist can truly create perfections :)

      Delete
  2. The Promotional Canvas Tote Bag is very famous nowadays. Visit our website to know more about our eco-friendly products. We believe in providing quality products at reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete