Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Overview / Plans for 2012

All the bags from the 2011

As the end of the year is coming, people usually take a moment to look at the past year and make the resolutions for the next year.  I usually don’t do this, but this year I thought to myself “Why not?” So while the year 2012 is just around the corner, I decided to take a look at what I made this year and plan projects for the upcoming year.

Firstly, since I’m a huge fan of statistics (who would have guessed?), the statistics about the year 2011:

 
Made 8 bags (2 of them I gave to my friends, 1 is once again in the process of remaking, 1 I don’t like, so I have 4 bags left for using), 1 case for sunglasses;
Made 5 tutorials (2 for bag-making, 3 non-bag related);
Started a blog (I just had to mention this fact ;D);
The most popular post of the year: Tutorial: Backpack (I actually noticed, that posts about pattern making are more popular than the ones about assembling, so maybe I should do more of these posts next year? What do you think?)
Favorite bag: can’t decide between Classic Shoulder Bag/Clutch and Linen Tote
Most used bag: definitely  The Simple Bag (very comfortable to carry all the necessities)
Least favorite bag: ah, it’s so sad to say, but I’d have to say it’s The Day Bag. Please don’t get me wrong- I would love to use it every day, but the leather is terrible and very unreliable and I haven’t used the bag for this reason! Very wrong choice of leather for the bag that supposed to carry a lot things... Lesson definitely learned.


2011 was all about experimenting with sewing and searching for limits of what I can make at home, so quite often I took quantity over quality (you know, the situation “the more bags I make – the better”) and it was Ok, because, well, I had a lot to learn. However, 2012 should be more about the quality, because if the collection grows as fast as it does now, I’ll soon run out of space in my closet!

So, plans for the 2012…
Firstly, I’d like to make more classic shape bags since I love them (already have a top handled bag in my mind!).
Secondly, make a bright color statement bag (maybe deep red? Or coral? Or green? Or… ?).
Thirdly, make more tutorials! I really like making them and, I hope, you like reading them :) (by the way, if you ever made a bag based on my tutorials - please show them, I'd love to see them!
And, last but not least, sew some clothing. Since starting making bags I put clothing sewing aside, but now I really need more clothes (especially good quality basic ones), so expect more entries on this theme next year!


Have a nice day and a great year! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your plans for 2012 - would love more tutorials, although I still haven't had the gutsto sew a bag. I made one 2 years ago and it's 95% finished (ie, finish and attach the handles) but it looks handmade and a bit 'quilty', which I will blame on the quilted fabric :)

    Happy sewing in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliet, thanks for a reminder - I should definitely finish all the "95% finished" projects in 2012 :D

    ReplyDelete